To ensure that the organization reaches the most dedicated and qualified students, Minds Matter has a rigorous and highly competitive application process. The Minds Matter application consists of a series of short answer questions and an essay, a guidance counselor or teacher recommendation, a parent/guardian commitment form, a high school transcript, and an in-person interview. Students must also have proof of U.S. citizenship/residence as well as demonstrated financial need.
A Minds Matter applicant must:
- Be a freshman student during the application year
- Maintain a strong overall grade point average of 3.5 or higher
- Come from a household with an annual income that is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG) based on your household size. Be committed to pursuing a college education
- Be able to speak English at a conversational level (contact us if you have questions about eligibility)
- Demonstrate strong academic potential, motivation, maturity, and responsibility
- Be active in extracurricular and/or community activities (part time jobs included)
- Show that you would benefit greatly from a summer academic experience
Minds Matter is an organization that rewards hard work, dedication and achievement, and does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or physical ability.
In order to complete an application, the following four forms must be submitted:
Applications for the upcoming Class are due by May 31st.
For any questions about the application process or to receive help in another language, reach out to our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Si tiene alguna pregunta por favor comuníquese con email@example.com.
A list of frequently asked questions can be seen by clicking here.